The 2018 paddling season will begin on May 5, with boat launching, followed by a short paddle.
The weekly schedule is:
All times are for the boat leaving the dock. Arrive early enough to allow time to get your gear on and sit in the boat ready to go at the scheduled time.
New paddlers are welcome at any regular practice. Arrive about 30 minutes early to receive and orientation and equipment in the team room inside the Fox Chapel Yacht Club entrance.
Steel City Dragons Google calendar
2018 Race Dates
|June 9||Mercer County NJ||Paddle for Pink|
|July 28||Akron OH||Dragons on the Lake Dragon Boat Festival|
|August 11||Jamestown NY||Chautauqua Lake Dragon Boat Festival|
|August 25||Wheeling WV||Dragon Boat Wheeling|
|September 22||Langhorne PA||Bucks County Dragon Boat Festival|
Other 2018 events
- April 22 @ 10:00am – Team meeting at team room
- May 5 – Boat launch – brief paddle
- May 19-20 – Clinic with Kristin Stickels
- July 21 – Mini-camp with Lynne Franks-Meinert
- Aug 18 – Mini-camp with Lynne Franks-Meinert
- Sept 15 – Mini-camp with Lynne Franks-Meinert